Let the children come to me.(Luke 18:16)
This is one way you, the youth of our parish, can come and serve the Lord by becoming an Altar Server.
What does an Altar Server do?
The two main duties of a server are to assist the priest and deacon during the celebration of Mass and help the people pray by your example.
Who can become an Altar Server?
Anyone who is in the 4th grade, made your First Communion, and is enrolled in Religious Education classes or Catholic School with the willingness to serve.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of Mass.
- Dress into alb, and cincture
- Stand in back of church until Mass starts.
- Carry crucifix during beginning procession.
- Hold the Sacramentary book for priest.
- Assist in setting the altar table.
- Hold pitcher & finger bowl so the priest can wash his hands.
- Clear altar after communion.
- Carry crucifix during ending procession.
- Replace crucifix in Sacristy.
- Return alb and cincture
Must attend new servers training, with Father Cullen and/or Fr. O’Reilly and additional training when new procedures are put in place.
Please contact the parish office for more information or to become part of this ministry. Flyers are distributed through St. Catharine School and the Religious Education Department at least once per year.
May God Bless You and Love You!
Current Altar Servers
Current Altar Servers can register for the Flocknote email list below
Current Altar Servers can update their availability and sign up for masses through Ministry Scheduler Pro HERE